Friday, May 16, 2008

Nervous??

Yeck yay.

The last few days have been very anxious for me.

For starters, Angela scheduled her 9 month post-chemo CT scan yesterday. Those days ALWAYS make me nervous. We both get nervous, loose a little sleep, and hope for the best. But, her test results were still NEGATIVE, and the doctors even used a word we try to avoid...."remission". The doctors said, "everything looks great on your scan and your are in remission". WOW - awesome news. We celebrated by going to a local pizza and pasta place in Gaitherburg. It is not really,really great food but it reminds us of good times in the past because we used to go there when we worked together. As an added bonus Angela did a little shopping.

The other reason I am anxious is because my triathlon is a little more than a week away. YIKES! I have been training hard for months and hope that is enough to get me to cross the finish line.

My training schedule is in "taper" mode, meaning I just do little, light workouts. But my legs are more sore now then they have been for the past 6 months. Oh well, they say you get this way before a race. They say you start to begin feeling like this is sore, that is not right, etc. Maybe there is some truth to that?

Also, today I have to drop off my bike at the Team in Training offices so they can ship it to Texas. Wow, does that really make you feel the event is nearing.

Weather - In Maryland the weather has been cool and rainy. However in Texas the weather has been hot, like in the 90's already. Hope this doesn't hurt me too much during the race. Will need to drink lots of water and gatorade.

This weekend is packed full of activities for me. Tonight is a local high school's "after prom party". A school party were we serve food and drinks to the high school kids to keep them for parties elsewhere and possibly getting into trouble. The party lasts from 10pm - 5am....that's right all night! Then on Saturday I am missing my TNT Bon Voyage workout/party to see a friend's graduation. He has completed his Master Degree. Robert you rock! Then on Sunday a another triathlete friend and I are going to watch a big local triathlon race. Watching these athletes should really get me excited for my race.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: