Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Blog readers – sorry I haven’t posted in a while.

No not mine, Angela's birthday was July 13th.

Most times people are know to celebrate a little excessive for their birthday and get sick the next day (if you know what I mean?) well that is not our style but we do try to take it over the top every now and again. Angela's birthday was on Sunday but our festivities began on Thursday. After work, we went to the Washington Nationals game. We scored totally awesome tickets and we had 4 seats directly behind home plate! It was a great game that went into overtime and we were able to share the experience with 2 other friends.

On Friday our celebration continued with dinner with some more friends at Gordon Biersch, a chain restraunt that just opened in the area. We have been there several times and our past experiences have been really good, but Friday's dinner (for everyone) was just okay. That might be our last time there?

On Saturday, Angela went with a friend to a Jaycee party and I went out to test drive the boat. I had just completed several repairs on the boat and wanted to give it a run before the rest of the summer. A went boating with a friend of mine at work, the boat ran great and we had a good time.

On Sunday, we had dinner with Angela’s family in DC before the show. The show we all were seeing was Momma Mia! We saw this show a couple of years ago and Angela loved so, we went back. Again, it was a great show.

Finally, on Monday the birthday celebration was over. Wow, I need a brake from all this celebrating. LOL

Now about my training – Since I haven’t posted in such a long time you readers out there probably think I have been resting on my past accomplishments. Well, let me set the record straight….I have been working out. My main focus has been my run training. I have a been training for a ½ marathon (13.1 miles) in September. The training has been progressing really well. My run times during the run portion of my triathlon were a 10 min/mile. Now, I am running 8:45ish min/mile with no problem. My coach of the running club is a triathlete as well and invited me to bike and swim with a group of her friends. I join them for their weekly bike ride but have not gotten the courage to join them for the swim. But I have been swimming on my own. So, in summary I am still working out most days of the week and trying to stay in shape.

No comments: