Friday, February 29, 2008

Back on the training bus

It has been a couple of weeks since I have updated my blog and I apologize to all 2 of the readers out there. Rest assured, I have been training.

After I fell of my training program a couple of weeks ago I was determined to get things back on track as soon as possible. I will have to admit it was difficult to get back in the gym, just knowing the amount of pain that would follow! And I was right. Another big ouch for last week.

This week was MUCH better. It was another "recovery week" (light training) and it allowed me to continue training without as much pain. This week I ran 8 miles, swam 2 miles, and biked 11 miles. I like the fact that I can say I did it without too much difficulty. Last night was a brick workout, a workout where you workout 2 different disciplines one after another. So, in the bitter cold, I ran to the pool (20 minutes) and swam a mile (1 hour). It was a "nice" workout but I don't like training in the cold. Brrr!

The next big news is that my fundraising is going extremely well. Thus far, I have received 80% of my goal. Thanks for everyone's VERY generous support. I still have to raise another $800 to reach my $4200 goal but I am hoping for another good fundraising weekend and I will tell everyone what it was and how it went next week.

That's it for now.

2 comments:

victory4angela said...

Get back to training! No more slacking! Seriously, I'm so proud of you. You are doing so well in both fundraising and training. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I cannot do it so I'm hopeing you young people take up the slack. Keep going I do check angela blog all the time and have to get in the habit of checking yours. Do well and I will have you in my prayers. Lois Jubert (suzanne Mom)