Friday, February 15, 2008

A week off?

Well, it finally happened....after going months without missing a training day (not one!) then I missed my first one, then another, and another. When it was all said and done I missed an entire week of training!

Sure, I had lots of excuses, it got really busy at work and had to work late regularly this week, I am in the midst of 2 construction projects - a kitchen remodel for me and finish a wet bar for a friend, frigid weather & ice storms, car accident, and totally stressed out because Angela (wife) was having her 6 month post-chemo CT scan this week. (see her results at http://amvictory.blogspot.com) In reality those items should be background noise (except the CT scan) and normalcy of daily life. But for some reason I let these excuses prohibit me from training. To compound matters, I would expect to feel rested after a week off from training. However that is not the case, rather I fell even more tired, exhausted and afraid. Afraid of getting back in the gym and see how much ground I have lost in my training.

"Will someone else's life be brighter tomorrow because of what you have done today?" - William Arthur Ward

With that I say farewell. Farewell to excuses that prevent me from training and hello to a clearer vision of what I need to accomplish. Today is a new day and I will make it special!

No comments: