Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back into it

Last month, I blogged about how I fell off the training bus and rebounded. After the quick course correction, I am now pleagued with a nagging back injury. Nothing REAL serious but a deep, lower back pain that makes it difficult to walk sometimes...let alone run. This problem started about 3 weeks ago and I thought I "wrenched" it during one of my construction projects. After about a week it went away. Then it came back. I went to the chiropractor, rested, and tried to easy back into training but no awail.

However, even with my back problem I have been training most days. During the days I am able to train, I feel good. Sometimes the next day isn't so good, but that is normal?

Angela and I have our first race together in 2 weeks - the Cherry Blossom 5K/10Miler on April 6th. To my knowledge this is Angela's 1st race ever! She is such a trooper! She signed up for the 5K (while I run the 10 miles - seems fair?) has been walk/run training nearly everyday and seems to like it. I know she will finish without an issue and I only wonder what I have started?

I am tweaking my training program over the next 2 weeks to focus more on the run. I started yesterday and it took alot for me to run 5 miles. This weekend I hope to run 7 miles, if I am able to accomplish that, I MIGHT be able to finish the race. Or, my 10 mile race might end up the same way Angela is training....a run/walk scenario.

Tonight is my swimming day. So, I will be in the pool swimming countless laps - well at least 72 anyway. Then I have a volleyball game at 8PM. I can almost feel the pain when I wake up tomorrow.

No comments: