Monday, April 7, 2008

One Year!

Yesterday, was the day the changed my life forever. It was the day that Angela and I received the news that she had cancer. The imaged is burned in my memory forever and I still get chills when I think of the doctor telling Angela "You have lymphoma."

And rather than celebrating the anniversary in sadness, a toast, or other traditional methods. No, not us. We wanted to celebrate in way that showed Angela's strength, determination, courage, and perseverance. Therefore, yesterday we ran the 2008 Cherry Blossom 5K / 10 Mile race. The course weaved through the beautiful tidal basin in Washington, DC where there are hundreds of Cherry Blossoms trees that tourist flock too every year. Angela has never run a race before and has spent the last 2 months training for this event. She finished in the top 1/3 of all the 5K'ers - that is awesome for her first event. While she was running her 5k, I ran the 10 mile event. I have never run that far before and pleased to say I completed the race without walking. A big thanks to Sandy (a friend that we meet in Metro on the way down) "pulled" me across the finish line.

So, CONGRATS to Angela for kicking Priscilla’s (cancer) butt and starting this new year with a new attitude and new outlook on life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction...I think that it was you pulling me!! Thanks for hanging with me and making sure I got across that line. I was sooo sore yesterday, but I guess that's what I get for getting behind in my training! See you at vball tonight!