Sunday, January 11, 2009

Developments

As most of my friends know I was laid off about a month ago. The good news is that, despite the economy I have been generating lots of interest with my resume and I have my first interview (phone) on Monday. It has been a long time since I have been on an interview and I am glad the first one is on the phone...I do much better on the phone. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

In other developments I started a Speed Development Program with my local running club. We had our first meeting yesterday for about 2 hours to discuss various items, cancellation policy, weather, how to dress, and what to expect. It was a good discussion and there were LOTS of people. The program has about 300 runners this year. WOW! I have heard many good things about this program and have been really looking forward to it. We start running this Tuesday and I will keep everyone updated.

Lastly, I added my 2009 race schedule on the blog. Please feel free to follow my results throughout the year. Most of my races are local this year, so if you want to come out and cheer me I could use the support.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Looks like a busy year, Mike. Pikes Peek is my favorite event (though I won't make it this year.)

Good luck! Hope the job search is going well, too!

Jeff