Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ante up!

The past weekend was a multifaceted poker event. What does that mean? On Friday, I hosted some friends at my house for a fundraising poker night. Donations would be collected before each round of play and go towards my Team in Training fundraising goal of $4200. On Friday, because of very generous donations I raised over $400! $50 was donated from a friend’s mom and the rest was donated via Poker. Then on Saturday, my mom hosted a similar event at the American Legion in Austin, TX. She was able to generate more than $200. Half of that is donated back to the American Legion (another great organization) and the other half is donated to my Team in Training goal. So, $500 raised in one weekend! How awesome is that?! Thanks to everyone for their help and support.

Also, last week I was supposed to meet with a friend of mine so she can help me with my swim stroke. However, we had to cancel because of a snow storm. So we rescheduled for tonight. Of course, it is supposed to snow again today. I am beginning to wonder if there is a connection. It has not started snowing yet, so I will just keep my fingers crossed.

Otherwise, back to training.

No comments: