Friday, January 11, 2008

As all my "peeps" know all my training is for a cause; to raise monies for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

The power is often under estimated on the magnitude a group of people with a common goal can be. This was illustrated to me via an email today. The email stated the Washington DC Area Team in Training program raised over $157,000 for their spring training races. Even more amazing is the spring races only consist of 5 races and most of those races are just starting their fundraising program. As an example, I am just kicking off my fundraising campaign.

Through a list of family and friends my movement is going to consist of a multi-faceted, multi-state, approach. I have several ideas that are taking place and hope to raise thousands of dollars for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society. If you have any ideas on fundraising ideas or would like to help me in my endeavor – let me know. I more money we raise – the quicker we can find a cure.

1 comment:

Gila said...

Mike,

I will be sponsoring you (of course!). One fun/easy thing I did to raise money for the Alyn bike ride was to have a media swap. Everyone brings books, CD's, videos they have read, but don't want to keep. Entrance fee is paid at the door. Then, swap--for every item you bring, you get to take one. Leftovers can go to a local library or old age home.

I did that here and everyone had a great time. We turned it into a very fun social event. And raised a nice amount of money. :)

Gila