Friday, January 25, 2008

TGIF

Thank God Its Friday!

I am found when one trains this hard a person really looks forward to the small victory's. The most regular small victory I celebrate is Friday. While, most celebrate Friday because it represents 2 days off from work, school, or whatever becomes their weekly grind. Personally, I find Friday a reason to celebrate for a totally different, but equally appreciable reason.....it is my ONE day of rest from training. ahhhhh.

Don't get me wrong, I love training, working out, and feeling good about myself. But it is tiring; actually it is exhausting to be more accurate. No one can attest to this more than Angela. Poor thing. I have never been what some refer to as a morning person (unless you count the days when I used to stay up all night and go to bed in morning). However, lately I can't help but notice it has been more difficult for Angela to get me out of bed in morning. I am just so exhausted every morning.

I was discussing my triathlon with a work college and he mentioned that I should set some goals for my race. Originally, I had A goal - to finish. Now that I am 2 months into my training he convinced me to redefine my goals. Over the weekend I will ponder this topic and post my new goals next week.

My fundraising campaign is going extremely well. The support from family and friends has been inspiring. THANKS EVERYONE!! As of this morning, I have completed 26% of my goal. As with every other type A personality I want to keep the momentum going and achieve my goal as soon as possible so I can focus on my training. What, doesn't everybody think like that?

Training since last post-
Monday - weight training at lunch and bike 60 minutes in the evening
Tuesday - Swim training 60 minutes
Wednesday - weight training at lunch and bike 35 minutes in the evening
Thursday - Ran 50 minutes, ie 5 miles. I pushed too hard - know my ankle hurts.
Thursday evening - FIRST MISSED WORKOUT. UGH! I had to fix a plumbing problem.
Friday - OFF (YAY)
FIRST MISSED WORKOUT.

No comments: